Bidding is now closed. Here's what comes next:
If you were bidding on an auction,
- You may, but are not required to, request confirmation that you are the winner. Generally speaking, this should not be necessary. However, if you have doubts or want to be extra-sure, leave a comment and I or the seller will respond.
- Pay for what you've won. Click on the button below, enter the amount, and click "Update total." Then pay by logging in to PayPal or through a credit card (you do not need a PayPal account):
On the "review your donation" screen, click "Add special instructions to the seller" and indicate the seller & item. (Or items; feel free to combine payment for multiple auctions.) If you can't fit all the information in that field, just note that you'll e-mail with the details, and forward your receipt & the auction information to email@example.com. This way I don't annoy you and embarrass myself by hounding you for payment. (You don't need to forward the receipt otherwise.)
- Forward your receipt to the seller, whose e-mail address is in the auction post. If you're concerned about privacy and don't need something shipped to you, you can redact your address, or you can ask me to confirm to the seller that you've paid. (If I'm listed as the contact, there's no need for you to forward the receipt.)
- You and the seller will then work out any details necessary for you to receive your winnings.
- If there is a problem that you are unable to resolve, contact me.
If you were offering something in the auction,
- You may, but are not required to, comment to tell people that they've won.
- Look for e-mail from your winner confirming that they've paid.
- Reply to the winner to work out any details necessary or to let them know you're fulfilling their auction.
- If you haven't heard from your winner or if there is a problem that you are unable to resolve, contact me.
(Contact me = e-mail knepveu at steelypips dot org with "Con or Bust" in the subject.)