Offer: Research Assistance
Item name/description: 1 hour of professional research time
Starting bid: $5
Need help researching the history of pocket knives/petits fours/the anti-Chinese riots in the 1880s in Washington State/Shirley Chisholm for your latest book?
Want to find ten books your nine-year-old would love?
Curious what other published Cinderella retellings are out there?
Looking for a song/book/movie/article, and you can't remember the title/author/performer/topic?
Working on your list of 52 books by People of Color to read in 2009, and want even more titles?
Or, do you want tips, ideas, and sources to improve your own research?
I have a Master's degree in Library and Information Science and I'm not afraid to use it!
Auction ending: April 13, midnight,
EST (sorry, should be EDT, or the current type of Eastern time!)
1. The top three bidders will each win one hour of research time at their bid price.
2. Your bid commits you to one hour only. However, if any of the winning bidders wish to request more hours (up to five each) at the same winning price they bid (payable to the con_or_bust WisCon FOC Assistance Program, of course), they may contact me.
3. Research request(s) must be made by 12/31/09.
4. One-week turnaround from time of research request, though I'll do my best to finish them more quickly.
5. I cannot guarantee an answer to every research question in an hour. If your request seems too complex for the time, I'll discuss it with you when you make the research request. If I still can't find the answer, I'll contact you with the information I did find and the sources I checked.
Item Name/Description: A custom wire-bound 8x8" book for journalling, scrapbooking, art and more.
Starting bid: $20
Auction ending: April 13, Midnight EST
Notes: I will create and bind (wire-bound with Bind-it-All) a custom journal filled with 50 pages of acid-free paper (in white or color of your choice). Winning bidder please specify your preferred style. For example: distressed vintage, steampunk, feminine, fandom of choice, pairing of choice. It will take approximately 1-2 weeks to make. (I apologize I do not have any pictures of completed journals handy, but if you would like pictures of my work feel free to message me). I will be using a lot of embellishments and other materials to make a very lovely journal. All materials acid-free.
1. SNARE by Katharine Kerr, Tor hardback. Starting bid: $15 This is a far-future science fiction novel, featuring a lot of world-building. Some reviewers called it "fantasy", probably because there are horses in it and I'm female, but it's nothing of the sort.
2. FREEZEFRAMES by Katharine Kerr, Tor hardback. Starting bid: $10 This book, however, is a near-future SF with definite fantasy elements. Its structure is what Ursula Le Guin calls a "cranford," a set of shorter pieces that together tell an over-story.
I'll sign these (being as I am Katharine Kerr)and add a personal note if there's something you'd like me to say.
The auction on these items will end April 1st, 9 pm Pacific Daylight Time.
Item Name/Description: A paperback copy of Christopher Moore's Lamb, signed by the author
Starting Bid: $10
Auction Ending: April 1st, noon, Pacific Daylight Time
Notes: I bought it at WisCon, and now you can buy it to send someone else to WisCon. I can mail the finished book as soon as the auction ends, or I can have a friend deliver it in person at WisCon. (I am not going this year. Alas.)
Paperback. Perfect condition. May be considered blasphemous in some jurisdictions.