Bidding is now closed. Here's what comes next:
If you were bidding on an auction,
- You may, but are not required to, request confirmation that you are the winner. Generally speaking, this is not necessary. However, if you have doubts or want to be extra-sure, leave a comment and I or the seller will respond.
- Pay for what you've won. Click on the button below, enter the amount, and click "Update total." Then pay by logging in to PayPal or through a credit card (you do not need a PayPal account):
On the "review your donation" screen, click "Add special instructions to the seller" and indicate the seller & item. (Or items; combining payment for multiple auctions is perfectly fine.) If you can't fit all the information in that field, just note that you'll e-mail with the details, and forward your receipt & the auction information to knepveu at steelypips dot org. This way I don't annoy you and embarrass myself by hounding you for payment. (There's no need to forward me your receipt otherwise, I get it automatically.)
- Forward your receipt to the seller, whose e-mail address is in the auction post. If you're concerned about privacy and don't need something shipped to you, you can redact your address (or, indeed, your name, provided you identify yourself some other way they'll recognize). ETA: if I'm listed as the contact, there's no need for you to forward the receipt.
You and the seller can then work out any necessary details for you to receive your winnings.
- If there is a problem that you are unable to resolve, contact me.
If you were offering something in the auction,
- You may, but are not required to, comment to tell people that they've won. This would be courteous if there is any potential for confusion, but as indicated above, bidders may well seek clarification on their own.
- Look for e-mail from your winner confirming that they've paid. If you have any issues in this regard, contact me.
- Reply to the winner to work out any details necessary or to let them know you're fulfilling their auction.
- If you haven't heard from your winner or if there is a problem that you are unable to resolve, contact me.
(Contact me = e-mail knepveu at steelypips dot org with "Con or Bust" in the subject.)